There are many ways to create a website without paying a single penny. You can store site content using a free WordPress hosting provider and also grab a free domain name.
As I said, many services can be used for building a website such as BlogSpot, WordPress.com, Weebly, Wix, and Tumblr, and much more.
But, I use WordPress for all of my sites and always prefer it over any other CMS.
Because it’s free, open source, there are thousands of plugins and themes available which you can use on your website.
So, to create a blog using free service, you can use Hostinger. Hostinger is a free as well as paid web hosting provider from where you can buy premium hosting account to get premium features.
To learn more about Hostinger here is a complete and in-depth Hostinger Review where I’ve shared everything about the host that you should know before buying paid web-hosting account.
Now, let’s create a website without paying for hosting and domain name. Remember, as a free user you get a sub-domain name, customized hosting control panel to manage your blog.
How to Create a Free Website Without Paying Money?
- To get started, you just have to sign up for a free Hostinger account, here, if you don’t want to use them, here are some of the best free WordPress hosting providers to get a free hosting account.
You will get 2GB Storage, 100GB monthly data transfer, One-click installer, two email accounts, and ads free WordPress hosting.
- Complete your registration procedure and verify your subscription.
- Now, sign into your account and head over to the left sidebar and click on Installer.
- Find the WordPress icon and click on it.
- Enter important information such website address which you want to use, login information, etc.
- After providing all of this information, just click for next procedure.
- It will take minutes usually 1~3 minute to install WP.
- After installing, logging your free website. Your site address will be something look like www.yoursitename.com/wp-admin
Remember, as I mentioned earlier, you get a sub-domain name. So, in the place of “yoursitename”, there will be a sub domain site address.
Anyway, after login into your WordPress site, install following plugins;
W3 Total Cache: It helps you boost site speed and make a cache.
WPSmush.it: To compress images, use this plugin. It works pretty well out of the box.
Jetpack: This plugin comes with numerous functionalities such as free CDN for photos, site uptime monitoring tool, malware protection, spell corrector and many more things
Ultimate Nofollow: To add nofollow attribute on your outbound links, use this plugin. After installing and activating it, you will see a nofollow check box when you add links using WordPress editor.
Thrive Ultimatum: One of the best and well know tool to create scarcity elements in your posts to get more sales by adding time limited notification. To learn more, head over to this Thrive Ultimatum Review.
Thrive Visual Editor: TVE is one of the best drag and drop based plugin to decorate your blog posts and also can be utilized for building awesome looking landing pages. You can edit everything without learning about coding, and that’s the best thing about this plugin. I am using this tool for last year and quite happy with it.
CodeGuard: Taking the backup of your website is another one the essential and critical things, you should make regular backups of your site using the manual or automatic method. CodeGuard offers free backup service for upto 1 GB storage. So, use it without paying any monthly or yearly fee.
So, that’s it.
I hope this quick tutorial will help you build a free website without worrying about paying any money.