3 Ways IoT Will Change The Future Of Marketing
Content fuels the engine of modern day marketing and driven by a focused sales strategy. The purpose of marketing is to deliver a valuable message to the right customer, at the right time, so they have a higher likelihood to purchase a given product or service.
As companies continue to find ways to make their marketing dollars more efficient and increase their marketing efforts, many businesses are looking to networking and algorithms to drive their future marketing strategies. As the online environment becomes faster, companies will need real-time data about their customers to help them create more relevant ads to increase sales and boost conversions.
This is where IoT technology is going to help companies reach their business goals. By developing highly personalized messages for each customer based on their needs, companies will be able to improve their marketing strategy. This technological evolution will also enable small businesses to have access to the same powerful messaging tools that are only available to larger corporations today.
Let’s take a look at three of the top ways that IoT technology will change the future of business marketing!
1. Improved Direct Interaction & Communication With Clients
In the next several years, the Internet of Things provides virtually limitless opportunities for businesses to interact with their customers directly. As more devices become connected, companies will be able to communicate with their clients on a very personalized level based on real-time analytics and data.
Internet-connected devices can supply an abundance of information regarding consumer behavior, including purchasing patterns, precisely where clients have been in their decision-making process, as well as particular customer likes and dislikes. All of this information will not only make Internet marketing strategies of all businesses more focused, but they will also allow companies to create messaging around the unique traits of each customer.
By utilizing big data processing, companies will be able to analyze this data and optimize their marketing message around individual users. Data will also help businesses improve their production, QA cycles, and even build their business plans around the needs of their customers.
2. Connected Devices, Homes, and Intelligent Cities
With the advancement of IoT technology in our daily lives, we’re beginning to see how it’s impacting our lives at every level. From adjusting our lights and temperatures in our homes to catering the best content based on our preferences, IoT will have an impact in every area of our lives.
Here are some examples of apparatus groupings that make up the connected home and how marketers will take advantage of IoT technology to improve their marketing efforts:
- Smart thermostats: A great example is Google’s Nest, that is manipulated from afar and learns heating and heating tastes over time, with no programming. Marketers will be able to determine household patterns, and even integrate their data with air filtration systems. This will unlock new opportunities for marketers to customize their message based on allergens and other factors in a customer’s home.
- Smart lights: for example Philips’ Hue that can be used therapeutically in your home and hospital surroundings. Marketers will be able to customize their message about indoor lighting needs based on the use and preferences of their customers. Some clients might need brighter lights based on their geographic locations, while hospitals and other civic centers will need different lights to meet their safety codes.
- Wearables: Devices, for example, Fitbit, which monitor and monitor physiological activity from conducting to sleeping, are somewhat omnipresent, yet portion of a the attached home. These devices will feed data streams for other devices, and subsets of communication feed.
- Transportation: Today, people are only able to engage with marketing content passively while they are sitting on the couch watching T.V. or taking a break on their computer. IoT technology will unlock the future of marketing and traffic safety equipment as autonomous cars become more prevalent on our city roads. Autonomous vehicles will enable marketers to communicate with their audience using engaging content as they commute from work and home each day in ways that are not possible today.
3. Improved Customer Service & Support
Since IoT technology will provide real-time data about what and how customers are using products and services, companies will be able to provide better customer service for all of their client’s needs.
IoT data and analytics will help marketers learn the weaknesses of their products or services so they can improve their development cycle. The data-driven connection will create more connectivity resulting in more information, applicable campaigns, and much more client engagement.
IoT may be utilized to create a huge store of vast advice for Advertisers and Marketers to:
- Assess customer behavior across various platforms
- Interact with all the customers with different connected devices
- Receive an insight of their client’s purchasing process
- Produce targeted advertisements, send notifications and much more
- Provide better customer support
The Future Of Marketing Looks Bright With IoT Technology
With the rapid proliferation of this IoT, we’re seeing a growing number of devices getting linked through detectors–at the individual level to regions of residence as well as cities. When we look at intelligent houses, there have been significant benefits based on the IoT with devices and solutions that help you to save energy, boost security and make life easier.
The same is true with smart cities, which enable citizens at the organizational and individual level to contribute and help out with making cities more efficient, productive, healthy and safe!
Chris is a Digital Strategy Consultant who helps small business owners grows their business. He is passionate about digital marketing, emerging technologies, and transportation issues.
You may be interested
Different Country Comparison on Risk ControlKen Park - February 21, 2019
I have received tremendous input from Chief Risk Officers (CROs) using our Knowru product regarding financial risk management. Working with…
Things You should Consider before Using the SIM Only PlansAlton Elliott - February 21, 2019
Several big telecommunications and small providers have been known to offer their customers with Sim Only plans for both prepaid…
Essential Aspects to Consider Before Choosing the Right HostingCarrie Bono - February 21, 2019
Are you looking forward to shopping for a reliable web hosting service that would be cost-effective as well? It has…