Having the right tool for the job is essential when you have to maximize productivity and keep the creative flow going as you will not try to hammer a nail with something that is not sure to work. So you don’t have to use the wrong Adobe software for your project. Knowing specific use cases for Adobe After Effects versus Premiere Pro could help you decide on the program you should be focusing on learning or where to go first. There are some tasks you could tackle through both programs, one of them would have a simpler process than the other or produce a better result. You will be able to create motion in text in Premiere Pro while you could achieve a more polished effect in After Effects. You would be able to edit video clips in After Effects but Premiere Pro would be much smoother for the same task.
Adobe software, may it be After Effects or Premiere Pro comes with various features like lumetri color, after effects motion, various templates and so on. You could find additional clips, motions and effects on Free Visuals.
After Effects is the best motion graphics, making title sequences and adding effects to the footage and Premiere Pro is ideal to edit video and audio clips together into a sequence.
Advantages of Premiere Pro
- It is one of the best tools for video editing. If there are footage and audio clips that you would want to mix, premier Pro can be ideal to do so.
- You can place multiple video clips on the same video track
- You can easily create a transition between clips
- It is ideal for arranging and trimming clips
- You can create simple text layers
Advantages of After Effects
- It is mainly used for motion graphics, composition and visual effects. After-effects are more robust when compared to premier Pro
- You can layer visual clips and multiple audios on top of each other and make use of various tools within the software to blend them
- It is easy to make title and 2D animations
- It is ideal for adding visual effects
To determine the software you have to use, you could begin by defining what you would like to create. Each program has its advantages and you can consider learning how to use both to some degree. You put begin by mastering premier Pro and then you want to learn more advanced skills in after effects.
The best thing about premier Pro and after-effects is that it is a part of the Adobe creative cloud feature known as a dynamic link. If you are up to using the feature, you could enable premier Pro and after-effects to interact with each other. You could begin cutting the video in premier Pro and select to add an effect to one of the clips in After Effects. Once the After Effects work is complete, the clip would get updated in premier Pro. Working with both programs could become seamless.