Amazon Marketing Strategy: 3 Tips to Market Your Products on Amazon
Amazon is a remarkable platform. It is considered one of the world’s largest storefront which brings in massive amounts of traffic to your site. What’s great about it is that from that traffic, it already has a pool of buyers that are ready to purchase products.
With that being said, it also attracts numerous buyers. As all that traffic is driven to your product pages, you have to make sure that is properly optimized. It’s crucial for you to maximize your listing’s visibility because there are many products in the marketplace.
In this article, we’ll walk you through with practical tips on how you can effectively market your products on Amazon:
3 Amazon Marketing Strategy Promotion Methods for Selling on the Platform
1. Amazon SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) entice a wide range of buyers to your listing. Shoppers will be able to find your listing if you include popular keywords easily. As a result, your listing will be identified as relevant and will rank higher. Do it right, and you can improve your Amazon search organic ranking without spending additional cash on promotions. Here’s how you can improve your Amazon search engine optimization:
Conduct thorough keyword research that is directly related to your products beforehand. The next thing that you need to assign the relevant keywords. Then, optimize accordingly based on the title, attributes, and description.
When you distribute these keywords correctly, your product will be more visible on the search results on Amazon. See to it that you’re utilizing the most important keywords in your product description and title.
Come up with an information-rich, SEO title
Here’s the thing ‒ most people will judge your content based on its title. That’s why you have to keep in mind that every Amazon product title must have:
- A brand name
- A product name
- Product specific features (use, size, color, or design)
- Write for people and machines alike
Some people are so focused on ranking well that they completely forget the fact that they’re writing for humans, too. So, focus on making titles and product pages that appeal to potential clients, helping them come up with a purchasing decision.
Add high-quality product images
One of the first few things potential customers see is the product title and image. So based on these elements, they’ll come into a decision whether or not to click the entire page or move on to your competitors’ more appealing product pages. That’s why adding high-quality photos for all your products is essential.
Nurture positive reviews
Reviews play a crucial part in Amazon marketing. A positive review can be instrumental in boosting overall sales, while a negative one can leave you in the dust.
2. Amazon advertising
Even with SEO, there’s still no guarantee that your existing listings will be placed higher on Amazon’s search results. Amazon’s search engine still considers other things when it comes to ranking (such as the price, selling history, etc.). Therefore, SEO alone doesn’t guarantee higher rankings.
If you’re not getting the results you want, paid-advertising offers an effective short-term alternative. If that’s the case, then you must consider sponsored ads to reach potential customers.
Amazon’s sponsored ads usually appear on top of the search results, and also on relevant product pages. It helps to get your products in front of a large number of potential buyers.
You can set up Amazon ads in three easy steps:
- Select a particular product that you want to advertise.
- Choose your budget.
- Select your target audience (pick the relevant keywords, categories, and products that you want to target.)
Note that sellers only pay if the buyer clicks on their ads. So, the payoff on Amazon promotion is big. Not only that you’ll boost your listing’s visibility, but it’s also relatively more comfortable for shoppers to find your products.
3. Amazon marketing strategy for external promotion
If Amazon advertising doesn’t sit well with you, then you can go back to the more original approach ‒ promoting your products externally by utilizing 3rd-party services. External promotion helps your listings stand out and help you maximize your sales.
Here are some examples of external promotion methods that work on Amazon listings:
- Social media– Allows you to craft ads and connect with relevant influencers in your niche to help build awareness of your products. You can also link back to your listings as your social media marketing strategy. For instance, you can give social media influencers your products for free so that they can test it to themselves, share to their followers, and even include a link to your Amazon page.
- Contests/Giveaways– Host contests and giveaways and announce them on your social media profiles. Mention that users who post your Amazon listing in their bio will be entered in the game, with a chance to win a prize. The rewards that people can potentially get from entering will motivate more people to promote your products.
- Coupons/Promo Codes– You can share Amazon coupon codes to your products to entice potential buyers. Similarly, you can create a promotion link by offering a discount on the listing. Promo codes and coupons help give users real value as it helps them save money.
- Getting backlinks– Find other ways that link directly to your Amazon listings, such as creating and publishing blogs. Getting backlinks increases the visibility of your products, and also helps drive external traffic.
- PPC (pay-per-click) advertising– These are usually in the form of Google Adwords, Facebook ads, etc.
- E-mail marketing– Utilizing newsletters to market products to potential customers.
Wrapping It Up
So, that’s it. We’ve laid out the necessary groundwork so that you can create an excellent product listing and a solid marketing plan on Amazon. The key here is trying testing out things first, by making small changes.
Then, give it enough time to see the impact of these changes. That way, you’ll know whether the change has brought a positive or negative effect to your listing. Ideally, try to avoid making several changes at once, since you won’t know which particular change has directly impacted your listing.
You may be interested
What role does Swisscom Lorawan play in Lora gateway?Alton Elliott - June 24, 2022
Swiss telecoms company Swisscom has revealed an Internet of Things (IoT) community having a view to solutions introduced at the…
What are Premium Proxy Servers and What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of Using Them?Agnes Kiss - June 15, 2022
1. What are Premium Proxy Servers and What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of Using Them? Proxy servers are a necessary tool…
How an Employer can Create a Friendly Work Environment to Avoid DisputesAlton Elliott - May 27, 2022
We all are aware of the fact that harassment and discrimination are illegal matters and an employee can file a…