Blogging tips for better blogs
Blogging is changing the life of individuals and business’s to establish profitable companies. Usually, online business use content marketing to drive free traffic (organic) toward their websites and thus make money. And believe me, this is one of the best ways to get customers without paying for advertisements.
Apart from free traffic, this is the traffic that every online business and marketer want because it’s the highly targeted traffic and the peoples who want to buy that specific product which they search in Google.
You may already possess a blog or want to start a new blog so here are how to starting from choosing your blog name (domain name). Please read following 18 blogging tips to build a better blog or website, if you don’t have one.
If you already have started a blog, I insist you must continue reading to learn something new.
Domain and Web Hosting Buying
There are many cheap WordPress hosting providers available from where you can buy a web hosting account at affordable rates for the whole year. You can use it for small to a medium level website and it can handle enough traffic as well.
As a new customer, you can get a free domain name when you buy hosting account from almost all hosting companies like BlueHost.
If you want to buy domain separately, then here are some of the best domain registrars to get your website name.
- Now, visit any company which suits your needs
- Enter your domain name which you want to buy
- Choose hosting plan, and always choose Basic/Starter plan
- Complete the payment procedure
- And you’re good to go
- Install WordPress using One-Click installer
Now after creating a website or blog, you must follow these blogging tips to build a profitable blog.
Before Writing a Piece of Content, You Must Keep in Mind Following Tips
1) First, do the keyword research for your site’s topic/subject.
Find popular keywords related to your blog or your post topic is essential. Always try to find low competitive and high searchable keywords. So, you will rank for that keywords quite easily.
2) You must place the main keyword in the blog title, post title, post content, ALT tag, and meta description in a strategic way. This will permit you to to get higher search positioning.
3) Try to limit the number of categories around twenty. If you’ve got many topics on one blog then use the subcategories If entirely different topics are mixed on one blog and have the sufficient number of posts, then I think starting a new blog for that topic will be wise.
4) Do not copy old posts from the old blog. You can get penalized for the duplicate content issue. You need to remove old copy off of the search engine and then add the same post at the new blog.
5) Use post title optimization widget for blogger / blogspot blog to ensure that you get better search engine ranking. WordPress bloggers can use a plugin like All in one SEO or Yoast SEO for meta description and title optimization.
Following are blogging tips related to Appearance and Content of the blog.
6) The design or layout of your blog should be nice, neat and beautiful so that it may create good impression on the visitor and the visitor should feel to stay more and visit additional. Content quality should also be suitable for certain.
7) Navigation and layout should be such that visitor can able to find the recent posts, labels very easily. So if Recent posts and Labels are near the top of the side bar, it will be visible without scrolling your blog and the customers will possess a quick involving what your blog is about and can jump to his topic of interest quickly.
8) Use pictures, videos, infographics to make your posts colorful and attractive. Do picture / image optimization. No need to use large images, you should use medium to small images.
9) Loading time of your blog matters, you should optimize it to load within 2 seconds or visitors will leave your website. If you are using pictures, make sure to optimize them before uploading. Avoid the use of BMP files, you may use jpg, png files. Also, check image size. You could do all this using photoshop.
10) Write your post after proper research and gathering complete information. Do not write too much. Use grouping, paragraph and sub headings for arranging the info in the post body.
11) Give links to useful resources related to your personal topic. Also give links to your earlier posts with proper anchor text wherever appropriate. This improves internal linking of your blog.
12) Encourage the reader to sign up / comment. You can also run some contest or survey dealing with your blog and maintain some prize for the fact.
13) Use beautiful and professional looking theme/template and header image for your blog. There are many free templates available, so it is simple to get one suitable for any blog.
14) The font color and size should be such that blog can be readable in different screen completion.
Other Blogging Tips to Increase Readers and Revenue
15) Look at your blog visibility in different cell phone browser. Especially in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
16) Try to increase your email subscriber.
17) Do not buy or sell links for link creating as it is not legal from the Google point of view.
18) As said above do not write the same post again ( duplicate content ). Do not edit old post titles and content for search optimization.
So these are some essential guidelines that every blogger must follow.
[About the Author: This quick guide about blogging tips is written by Muhammad Imran. He share blogging tips and tricks on MyTipsHub. You can find more helpful articles by visiting his blog.]
You may be interested
What Questions Should You Ask While Employing an IT Company for Your Business?James Tredwell - May 17, 2019
There are many reasons why you would want to hire an IT company and one of them is the need…
Best Mobile App Development Software/Tools for 2019Sourodip Biswas - May 13, 2019
The increasing use of smartphones is propelling enterprises to build mobile apps, in addition to desktop and mobile websites, to…
Starting Off With Email Marketing? Let Instagram Experts Help You With Thorough Steps To Gain The Ultimate ResultsKaren Anthony - May 9, 2019
Recent studies have stated that there are three times more email accounts available when compared to Twitter and Facebook accounts…