Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition – Best for Developers
Dell XPS 13 has amazed everyone by being the smallest laptop on earth. It is the smallest with 13 inch display. You can very well it is like a tab but no it is a laptop with 13 inch display. Not only has this that it is the smallest laptop made it different but also its features such as virtually borderless infinity Edge display.
Dell is the first company to have thought about making the smallest laptop and that too with virtually borderless infinity Edge display. Though it is the smallest but don’t misinterpret is as small in performance. Basically it was meant for the development purpose but still its strong performance makes it a leading choice of the software engineers especially the coders. Read Best Laptop For Programming Guide and buy the best programming laptop at low price online.
It is a version of the notebook running Ubuntu Linux 14.04 that is primed basically for the developers. Most software engineers prefer working on Linux which they need to install externally on their device but as Dell XPS 13 comes with Linux already installed it becomes the leading choice of coders. It is available with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 LT operating system.
Hardware & specifications
Let us look at the hardware and specifications of this model which are:-
- 2-GHz Intel Core i7-6560U CPU
- 16GB of RAM
- 512GB SSD
- Iris Graphics 540
- 3200×1800 Touch screen display.
Whereas, the basic model of Dell XPS 13 comes with:-
- Core i5-6200U
- 8GB of RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 520
- 256GB SSD
- 1080p non-touch screen.
The basic configurations of this laptop are:-
- Processor- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-7100U (3MB Cache, up to 2.4 GHz)
- Operating system- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
- Microsoft Office- Microsoft Office 30 Day free Trial
- Security Software- McAfee Live Safe 12 Month Subscription
- Memory- 4/8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
- Hard drive- 128/256GB Solid State Drive
- Graphics card- Intel® HD Graphics
- Display- 13.3 inch FHD AG (1920 x 1080) Infinity Edge display
- Colour- Silver
- Warranty- 1year
- Slots- Dual Channel LPDDR3 SDRAM
- Primary Battery- 60WHr Integrated Battery Power
- Battery- 60WHr Integrated Battery
- Adapter- 45W AC adapter
Height: 0.33-0.6″ (9-15mm) x Width: 11.98″ (304mm) x Depth: 7.88″ (200mm)
Weight: Starting at: 1.2Kg (2.7lbs)3non-touch display, 1.29Kg (2.9lbs)3touch display
- 2 USB 3.0 – 1 w/Power Share
- 1 SD card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- 1 Headset jack
- 1 Noble lock slot
- 1 Thunderbolt™ 3 supports
The key features of Dell XPS 13 developer edition are as follow:-
- Preloaded with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Augmented with the necessary hardware drivers, tools and utilities
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- InfinityEdge™ display, FHD and QHD+ versions available
- Up to 16GB of memory
- Thunderbolt 3
Dell XPS 13 is a small screen laptop with large display, high speed, clarity and improved graphics. It is totally built keeping the coders in mind which makes it first choice of coders in places where it is available i.e. North America and Europe.
Umesh Joshi regularly blogs about latest technologies and gadgets! He loves to interact with the audience and curious people who seek technical assistance.
You may be interested
Avi Benezra discusses digitalization in healthcare with AI and ChatbotsAndrew Williams - December 14, 2019
In a recent article, the CTO of SnatchBot discussed the benefits that healthcare chatbots can offer hospital administrations, doctors…
How the Increased Use of Mobile Is Changing How We SearchAndrew Williams - December 11, 2019
Mobile is changing the digital marketing industry as a whole, not least the way in which we search and browse…