Software is a competitive industry. This is actually great for everyone because it gives you real choices to consider when searching for a system for your business. Online retailers wanting to find an ecommerce CRM now have more options than ever before to help grow their online business. But they should also make it a priority to carefully review all of the various CRMs. Client relationship management software can impact the performance of your entire online business; so this is not something to take lightly. Done properly, this software can reduce labor costs, improve customer service and grow your bottom line.
Qualities to Look for When Seeking the Best CRMs
- Is the CRM based in the cloud or do you need to have a physical copy installed on your server? The majority of the best CRMs are now based in the cloud, so you shouldn’t have to do a manual installation. Try to focus on cloud based CRM solutions, which are much easier to integrate and upgrade and maintain, and which are far more secure, too.
- Does the CRM come with a full suite of marketing tools? A great tool every CRM should have is the email module. This module will let you send/receive emails directly from the CRM so you never have to log into another email client.
Not only can you handle routine messages from inside the CRM, but you could also use it to send out marketing materials to your current and prospective clients. Some of the more sophisticated modules will also let you know whenever a customer opens a marketing email. These metrics help you gauge the effectiveness of your ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Does the CRM vendor provide you with ongoing support? You want to partner with a CRM vendor who has a vested interest in the success of your online business. If the vendor has been in operation for a considerable number of years, they should be able to give you helpful advice on how to boost your market penetration, in addition to providing ongoing technical support you will need.
- Is the CRM scalable? This is a question that many ecommerce entrepreneurs overlook. As your online business grows, your CRM needs will grow as well. You should pick a CRM that is capable of scaling up with your online business to match its growth model.
- Does the CRM have a large base of current clients? If the CRM has a large base of customers using it, then you can breathe easy knowing that the vendor is going to be around for a long time. If not, you may want to reconsider based on longevity.
By going through this screening exercise you can easily identify the best CRM for your online business. It’s always helpful to be aware of the most current CRM statistics, too, so you set benchmarks based on factual data, and so you can know what to expect in the long run with your new software integration. A quick glance at the most recent stats is telling, and should give you a lasting inclination of the benefits of this software.