Top Recommendations: Apps for Drivers
Since smartphones were introduced, we now have a whole raft of amazing apps to choose. Nowadays, it would be hard to imagine life without them. Figures captured from 2017 by Statista, identified that 197 billion mobile app downloads were made. In terms of the current world population (just under 7.7 billion), this means that around 25 apps are being downloaded for each person in a year. Now, that a mind-blowing notion to conceive.
With some expertise from specialist Volkswagen servicing provider: Vindis, let’s look at the most useful apps for drivers in 2019.
Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
We begin with a pair of smart driving companions which both carry out similar functions. However, the choice of which one you download will depend on the type of smartphone you have.
If you have a device with an Android operating system, then you’ll be wise to enhance your gadget with Android Auto. This smart driving companion essentially means that while you’re behind the wheel, you only need to mutter ‘OK Google’ in order to…
- Set up real-time GPS navigation and be informed about traffic alerts.
- Check your calendar for any occasions that you have scheduled.
- Set reminders.
- Get up-to-date news.
- Setting up a do not disturb message on your phone.
- Make or answer phone calls handsfree.
- Access so many of your media apps, such as those containing your favourite music playlists, audiobooks and podcasts.
Apple CarPlay functions in a similar manner to Android Auto and is made for iOS smartphone. Featuring Siri voice control, here’s just a few things you can do once you open the app:
- Search for attractions while driving by simply asking for directions by the following means: “Siri, where’s the closest petrol station?”.
- Have the app predict where you need to be by analysing addresses on your recent emails, text messages, contacts and calendars.
- Make calls and listen to voicemail handsfree.
- Have Siri read and reply to text messages, as well as send messages in new conversations too.
- Gain access to content via your iTunes, Apple Music or other audio apps accounts, as well as even request for Siri to become your personal DJ for the duration of a road trip.
In effect, you can remain connected without taking your focus away from the road!
Download the app here:
Sick and tired of your mobile phone losing internet connection just as you’re hitting a busy city centre that you’re unfamiliar with? We’ve all been in this nightmare situation, but the HERE WeGo app should mean that you never need to go through it again.
This is because the app allows you to safely download offline maps of the UK and other countries — including France, Spain, Italy, the US. This means that you can be navigated to your destination even when you haven’t got an internet connection.
The app even comes in handy when you’ve left your car at home, as it’ll inform you of carsharing opportunities nearby whenever you need it and can call a local taxi too so that you never need to worry about being stranded in an unfamiliar city.
Download the app here:
If it isn’t your sat-nav losing internet connection at a vital moment that will get you stressed while driving, then not being able to find a parking space once you’ve arrived at your destination surely will. Again though, help is at hand — this time in the form of the JustPark app.
This award-winning service has been praised at the 2017 British Parking Awards and Richard Branson’s 2015 VOOM event. The app itself has made up a database of 1.4 million parking spaces, off-street parking options (think car parks, private spaces and even driveways) and on-street parking possibilities (that’s stretches with parking meters and free parking zones).
JustPark doesn’t just come in handy when trying to find a space, however. You can also reserve a guaranteed space and pay for the spot via the app using either a card, PayPal or either Apple or Android Pay services. You’ll even be provided with easy-to-follow instructions and directions to the space once it’s reserved.
Download the app here:
Make driving a lot less stressful and road trips much more entertaining by downloading these apps onto your smartphones without delay!
You may be interested
Taxi Mobile Application DevelopmentDavid Pasztor - June 25, 2019
In the modern world, every person needs to take a taxi in a certain period of time. Public transport is…
Palletizing RobotsAndrew Williams - June 22, 2019
Many manufacturing industries make it easier to manage and transport items such as boxes, bottles, bags, cartons and parts into…