About MSSQL to MySQL Converters
Some organizations of businesses consider migrating their Microsoft SQL databases to MySQL server. For this purpose software vendors offer the special solution called “database converter”. Database converter exports entire database or individual table from MSSQL into MySQL server format.
It is expected that advanced MSSQL to MySQL migration tools support all major versions of SQL Server such as 2012, 2014, 2016 and work with Unix, Linux and Windows MySQL including such variations as MariaDB and Percona. Extra advantage of some database converters is option to support Azure SQL, cloud variation of Microsoft SQL DBMS.
Other basic features of SQL Server to MySQL converters are:
- Support for all MS SQL data types
- Accurate conversion of table definitions, primary keys, indexes and constraints with all necessary attributes
- Intelligent processing of data according to the destination format of MySQL
- Option to convert MS SQL views into MySQL format
- Support for command line for scripting and scheduling the conversion
- Option to overwrite, merge or synchronize MS SQL data with an existing MySQL table
- Support for Windows 7/8/10
- Unicode support
- User-friendly interface
- Full install and uninstall support
The price of MSSQL to MySQL database conversion software is ranged from zero to multiple hundreds of US dollars. It is not recommended to use free converters because such tools usually come without any technical support and guarantees of conversion quality. The ideal performance-price proportion is reached by conversion utilities having price around $50.
One of such tools is MSSQL to MySQL converter by Intelligent Converters, provider of software solutions for database conversion, migration and synchronization since 2001. This database migration tool has all capabilities listed above and it also provides extra advantages:
- For those cases when MySQL server does not accept remote connections, the program can export the data into SQL script file. In this approach MS SQL data is exported into local file containing data definition (DDL) statements to create tables with all indexes and constraints and fill them with the data. Later database specialist will be able to import this file to MySQL server using the standard tools like phpMyAdmin.
- Sometimes it is required to convert partial data from a table or merge data from multiple tables into a single one. For these purposes MSSQL to MySQL converter allows to convert result of SELECT queries running against the source SQL Server database.
- If there is a need to change column name or type in the resulting database, the converter provides feature called “custom column mapping”. This feature allows changing name, type, default value and NULL-attribute for any column of MS SQL table as well as exclude certain columns from conversion.
Find more information about Intelligent Converters and MSSQL to MySQL conversion tool at http://www.convert-in.com/mss2sql.htm
You may be interested
Why Node.js Has Become a Standard for Enterprise-Level OrganizationsDerek Hales - February 19, 2019
Creating a competitive edge is important for modern business owners. With all of the competition in the world of business,…
7 Reasons to Buy an Apple iMac in 2019Derek Hales - February 18, 2019
Known as one of the top contenders in providing innovative breakthroughs on technology, Apple is relentless in improving and developing…