How can I transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android
WhatsApp has become the mode of communication that we use daily and there are times when we need to move the WhatsApp messages from one device to another, especially when we purchase a new phone. Some people, who have no idea how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android, often get stuck while trying to learn the process. This article will help them understand the simple ways to transfer their WhatsApp messages from Android to Android.
Moving WhatsApp messages using Local Backup
Local Backup is basically an automatic backup ideal for the chat history stored on the WhatsApp folder of your phone, that usually takes place every day at 2AM. The folder is present on the external SD card of your device or internal memory.
In order to utilize local backup to move your WhatsApp messages from one Android device to another, you can follow the below mentioned steps.
- Install WhatsApp on your Android phone. Then go to Menu- Settings-Chats-Chat Backup-Back up and start backing the WhatsApp messages.
Note: In case you want to back up locally, select Back up to Google Drive as Never
- Now Install WhatsApp on the new phone.
- Check the specifications of your old phone to know which type of SD card exist on your phone.
If your Android phone has external SD card, remove the SD card from your old device and put the SD card into your new device.
In case your Android phone is using internal memory/internal SD card, you need to move the SD card/ WhatsApp/ folder from the old phone to similar folder on the new device and now connect both the old and new phone to your personal computer through USB and now open the old phone on your computer and search the folder.
WhatsApp/Database where the WhatsApp back up files exists, copy the particular file that has been created on the most recent date to your personal computer and then copy the specific back up file from your PC to the folder.
WhatsApp/Databases located on your new phone.
- Run WhatsApp on your new phone; verify your same phone number that existed when you started backing up the chats.
- When you get a notification saying that a message backup is found then hit “Restore”.
Transferring WhatsApp messages through Google Drive Backup
Google Drive backup is like a source to save your messages to your account on Google drive. In order to use Google drive makes sure you take care of the following points.
-Your phone should be synced with your Google Drive.
– You should have Google Play Services installed.
-You should have sufficient space on your Google Drive account to store WhatsApp data.
-In order to create backup, your phone should have sufficient free space.
- Backup your entire WhatsApp message to your old phone to your Google Drive account. To do this goes to WhatsApp-Settings-Chats-Chat back up.
- Use the same Google account on your new phone that you already used on your old device for backup. Make sure that you also have the same phone number in your new device.
- On your new phone, install WhatsApp.
- After that you need to verify your same phone number that you used to carry out back up on your old device. You will get the notification asking to restore your media and messages from Google Drive.
- After you complete the restoration process, simply hit the “Next” and you can see the chats displayed upon completion of initialization process.
- After your chats are restored, WhatsApp will automatically start restoring the media files for you.
You may feel that the above two methods mentioned to transfer your WhatsApp messages from Android to Android are little difficult, but they are quite effective too. Once you get used to the technical terms, you won’t find the process difficult. Android data recovery can help you get a simple solution to export all your files from your android device to your personal computer so that it becomes easy for you to transfer them to your other Android phone.
Not only the above methods help you transfer WhatsApp messages, but it also helps transfers file that contains notes, photos, contacts and messages etc.
When you buy a new phone, do not panic as you can follow the above mentioned simple methods to transfer your files from one android device to another. You tend to make lesser mistakes as the above methods are quite simple to learn.
After purchasing a new phone, it is important to download and install all the top Android apps in it. That’s where you will come across the need to install WhatsApp as well. By following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to make the process of transferring WhatsApp messages a smooth and a convenient one.
You may be interested
Here Are 5 Important Uses For Printed Circuit BoardsAlton Elliott - May 30, 2020
Printed circuit boards are vital components in many electrical devices. They play the role of connecting electrical components in a…
Are electric scooters legal in Ontario? The answer is, yes!David Willy - May 29, 2020
Starting from January 1, 2020, a five-year pilot project is launched in Ontario allowing the use of electric scooters on…