Whether you are a businessman or a corporate professional, any kind of information that you send or receive is considered as a record. These records are essential for any organization to run effectively as they are evidence of the various business activities and functions. Records can be in different formats, and some of the examples include emails, databases, letters, minutes, text messages, spreadsheets, plans, maps, research data, and so on.
Why are the records and their management so important?
Records form the backbone of any organization and in the absence of records; the existence of the organization may become questionable. From the time an organization is incorporated until it is dissolved, each and every record associated with it is of paramount importance. Here are a few benefits that make records and their efficient management so important:
- It helps in demonstrating accountability in people
- It provides evidence of decisions taken and activities performed
- It aids in the smooth functioning of the business
- It helps in building up the organizational knowledge-base
- It assists in taking right decisions based on data
- It results in a much smarter work practice
- It offers consistent workgroup practices
- Proper record keeping supports research and development within organization
- It helps in preserving the important and historical records
- It results in better resource management within the organization
Any organization can thrive only if it follows an effective record keeping practice because it leads to higher level of productivity. As it takes less time to identify and find vital information, you can spend your time for more valuable activities. There are several types of records management systems available, and one of the most efficient ones is Eloquent Records: https://www.eloquent-systems.com/products/records/.
Eloquent Records is a mobile friendly system that can be accessed using your smartphone. It comes with a variety of features that you can find in a traditional system to manage physical records. The SharePoint Hybrid makes the system open for collaboration. Governance is also ensured with the help of a retention system and shared classification.
Eloquent Records management system supports different types of digital content such as artifacts, PDF’s, e-mail, large maps, videos, business documents, books, photographs, websites, journals, logbooks, scrapbooks, and more. The software is capable of managing physical as well as digital records. The different types of digital assets are presented with a browser. It allows users to retrieve, request, and track the physical items.